k-6 Nonfiction Book

Homepage Forums K-12 Fossils and Lessons Forum k-6 Nonfiction Book

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Denise Porcello
    Participant

Last June, I published a nonfiction children’s book called Dinogirl:A Story of a Girl and A Dinosaur. It is available at Amazon.com and Createspace.com for $9.95. I also have some copies with me that I can take to the GABI-RET Dig in Gainesville later this month. Please check out the website: https://sites.google.com/site/dinogirlbook/. All proceeds will be donated to the Burke Museum in Seattle for their DIG Field School for Teachers. For more information, please email me at dinogirlbook@gmail.com.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Gardner

Hi, @denise-porcello! Sorry that your forum post got lost in the shuffle. Congratulations on the publication of your children’s book! What was the inspiration behind it? I’ll have to get a copy for my little cousins 🙂

Cheers,
    Eleanor

Denise Porcello
    Participant

@egardner – The book is inspired by the (then) 14 year old fossil hunter I met while in Montana. She is quite remarkable!!

Eleanor Gardner

@denise-porcello – I purchased a copy and it came in the mail this weekend! Very cute book, and very approachable for young readers. I think my young cousins will enjoy it greatly. 🙂

Denise Porcello
    Participant

I’m glad you like it. I hope your niece and nephew do as well.  Thanks so much!

Lisa Lundgren
    Keymaster

@denise-porcello about how long is the book? I’m wondering if GABI RET teachers or UF CPET teachers would be able to use it in their classrooms. This could be a great way to integrate literacy standards into a science class.

@jbokor
    , tag a CPET participant you think coould use this in their classroom!

@bmacfadden
    and @cgrant, tag a GABI RET teacher that could use this in their classroom!

Denise Porcello
    Participant

Hello,

The book is written for grades 2-6, elementary level. Our kindergarten and grade 1 classes have used it as a read aloud. It is loaded with non-fiction text features!! The book is 24 pages long, then a glossary and a few more pages of credits. Thanks for asking!!

Denise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.